Quaker organizations call for a ceasefire and humanitarian protections in Gaza:
Quakers in Britain have joined American Friends Service Committee, Canadian Friends Service Committee, Friends Committee on National Legislation and the Quaker United Nations Office in calling for a ceasefire in Gaza – Click this link.
Lewes Quakers call on Maria Caulfield MP to support ceasefire demands:
Quakers in Lewes wrote to Maria Caulfield MP asking her to publicly call for a ceasefire and investigation into all war crimes – Click this link.
Response from Maria Caulfield MP to the letter from Quakers in Lewes – Click this link.
Revenge and reconciliation
A sermon for the United Nations Association:
In 2004 Friends were invited to contribute a sermon to an ecumenical service. What was
written then seems very relevant to the present conflict in Israel/Palestine – Click this link.
Building Work at the Meeting House
Due for completion January 2024
Changes being made:
- Safer step-free access from Styles Way, with a new front gate.
- An extension at the back, providing a welcoming entrance foyer and corridor with level access to all rooms.
- Doing essential repairs to the historic listed building, including damp-proofing.
- Making the building more energy efficient by adding sustainable heating and soundproofing.
- Adding two new small rooms, in addition to the two current large rooms. All will be available to hire by Friends and local community groups, organisations and individuals.
- Improvements to the garden, including space to plant two new trees.
- And we are still fund-raising!
(To help, please see the Development Fund Appeal link below)
Open hearts, open minds
Quakers try to live in truth, peace, simplicity and equality, finding God in ourselves and in those around us. Our meetings for worship offer a welcoming opportunity for spiritual exploration.
Meetings for Worship from November 2023
Sunday morning Meeting for Worship
We have a blended Meeting for Worship on Sunday mornings. This connects those worshipping online by Zoom with those in the Meeting House. If you’d like to join the online worship and haven’t done so far, please email the clerks for joining instructions.
However you choose to join us, our meeting begins at 10.30 for one hour and all are most welcome.
Mid-week Meeting for Worship
We hold a mid-week Meeting for Worship on Wednesdays at 12.30pm. Whilst building work is being undertaken, we will be at The Open Door, rear of, 32 Church Twitten, High St, Lewes BN7 2LU.
DEVELOPMENT FUND APPEAL!
Can you help us raise funds to make Lewes Meeting House more sustainable and inclusive? Read more …
Meetings for worship
Sunday mornings 10:30 – 11:30
(Blended meeting i.e. Meeting House and Zoom)
Wednesday afternoons 12:30 – 13:00
(From 9th November 2022, at The Open Door, rear of, 32 Church Twitten, High St, Lewes BN7 2LU)
How to find us
Friends Meeting House
T: 01273 472276
Registered Charity 1173819